What Should I do After Orientation?
Summer Orientation can be a whirlwind experience. We realize that it is impossible to remember everything that was
covered, so the following is a resource for you to use through your first semester at CSU, Chico.
- Make sure that you pay your Registration Fees by July 31, 2013
- For more information regarding registration fees, check your portal account or contact Student Financial Services at (530) 898-5936.
- If you have applied for financial aid, make sure you have viewed and accepted, or declined, your award offer.
- To do this, access your Portal Account enter your Student Center, scroll to Finances and click on View Financial Aid.
- Click here for information on Financial Services. You can also contact the Financial Aid Office at (530) 898-6451 or at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- If you have applied for a CSU, Chico Scholarship, note that recipients are notified in June by e-mail to your Wildcat Mail account. Non-recipients are not notified.
- If you have received a private scholarship, you will need to complete a Financial Aid Update form through the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office. Be sure the check is mailed or delivered to the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office as soon as possible.
- Can’t remember all those dates your peer advisor gave you at Summer Orientation? Check out this printable version of Important Dates for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Open registration begins August 5th. September 6th is the last day to drop classes on-line and receive a refund.
- The last day to drop classes without a “serious and compelling reason” is September 20th.
Moving into University Housing this fall? Check your move-in dates and visit the University Housing & Food Services website for more information regarding policies, upcoming events, and payment deadlines.
Thinking about purchasing your textbooks? The Wildcat Store in the BMU, provides a variety of ways to keeping your costs down. This ranges from used and electronic textbooks to our “Buyback Guarantee” and “Low Price Guarantee” programs. Inquire at our textbook counter for details. Don’t want to wait in line to get your books? Visit the Wildcat Store’s web site and order your books via TextLink. Then pick them up when they are ready.
The Wildcat Store offers educational discounts on computers and software to meet your academic needs. Contact the Wildcat Store Computer Works for more information at (530) 898-4447.
Wildcat Welcome offers you the opportunity to meet other students who are new to the University. You get to participate in the Wildcat Welcome opening weekend events such as the Wildcat Welcome and Convocation on Friday, August 23rd and other fun-filled activities!