Preparing for Your
Prior to Orientation
- Activate your Chico State Portal Account. If you need assistance, please contact Student Computing at (530) 898-HELP (4357).
- Make sure that your email and mailing addresses are current. Your Wildcat email account is the official mode of communication for CSU Chico. Make sure to check your Wildcat account regularly for important information and updates.
- Accept your offer of admission and submit your “intent to enroll” with your non-refundable $200 Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD) or certify exemption via your Portal account by May 1st.
- Go to the Admissions and Orientation tab and click on “Accept/Decline Admission”.
- Take the English Placement Test (EPT) and/or Entry Level Math Test (ELM) by the May 4th test date or
provide the Admissions Office with your documentation of exemption(s).
- If you have been notified by the Office of Admissions* that you require Early Start remediation in Math and/or English, you must take the steps outlined here to identify your Early Start plan before you can register at Summer Orientation for Fall 2013 courses.
*Admissions will send the Early Start Program information via e-mail to your Wildcat mail account (or the email you indicated as your primary account), and the information will also be posted in your portal account.
- Check out our Travel & Accommodations section for information including Directions and Maps, Lodging and Accommodations, and parking
- Students and/or guests with disabilities who need special accommodations should contact the Summer Orientation Reservation Technician at least 10 days prior to attending a scheduled Orientation session.
- If you have declared or are considering any of the following majors, you are required to take the
Calculus Readiness Test (CRT) offered the morning of your Orientation session. For further information about the CRT, please contact the Department of Mathematics at (530) 898-6111.
Day of Orientation
- Bring back-up copies of your original test scores from the ELM, EPT, SAT, ACT, and/or Advanced Placement (AP) in case they are needed. You may be asked to show these in the event that Admissions has not received them.
- Provide copies of Immunization Records, unless you have already submitted them to Records and Registration. Original documents will not be accepted.
- Documentation must include immunization for hepatitis B, measles, mumps, and rubella.
- For detailed immunization requirements, please contact the Office of the Registrar at (530) 898-5142 or look under Student Records and Registration in the University Catalog.
- Bring a pen/pencil and a notepad so you can take notes.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes!
- Dress appropriately for very warm Chico summer weather. However, we also recommend you bring a sweateror sweatshirt, as some of the air-conditioned buildings may get chilly! Check the Weather!
- Be prepared to have your picture taken for your Wildcat ID Card! (The card is free to new students.)
- Make sure to park in the designated lots and bring exact change or a credit card in order to utilize the parking permit dispenser unit. Click here for parking information and directions.
- Most important: Be ready to learn a lot about yourself, your choices, and your Chico